Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coconut Chip Cookie Bars Recipe

A favorite cookie bar that has acquired  many names and recipes on the net. Called 7 layer, magic cookie bars and other names. I made this one with crushed vanilla wafers crust and omitted the traditonal nuts and added cinnamon to the crust. A little different but with a little spice this cookie bar was a huge hit at this wonderful fund raiser I made them for. This one generated many more donations than I ever imagined for a great cause.   Here is my version. Hope you like it too.


Topping:
 
1 can condensed milk
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup coconut
 
Bottom Crust Layer:
 
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 package vanilla wafers crushed in a food processor
 
In a 13x9 pan place the stick of butter in the bottom of the pan and put into the oven on 350 degree until it melts. Stir in the vanilla wafer crumbs and cinnamon,  mix together until evenly blended.
 
Pour the can of condensed milk on top. Spread with shredded coconut and then chocolate chips on top.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for at least 25 to 35 minutes until coconut starts to turn golden brown. Cool cut into squares.
 

By the way if you have the  chance to stop by and see my cupcake submission below 


Please vote for me....  1/30/2013 throught 2/13/2013  thank you!


http://www.celebrations.com/cupcakecrown/2013/cupcake/smores-filled-cupcakes

     

 
+claudia lamascolo  Author

9 comments:

Life's a shoe said...

yum!

Lizzy Do said...

Claudia! These look amazing! My idea of heaven :)

Greg said...

I haven't had one of these bars in years. I used to love them. I voted for your cupcake.

Natalie G said...

Love anything coconut!!

Pam said...

Oh my gosh! I love love coconut and want to make these. YUM! Off to vote for your cupcake now!

Alida said...

delicious! Difficult to resist to chocolate treats like these. Very nice Claudia!

Sannel said...

I absolutely love these cookies. I can't wait to try them myself. Thank you for sharing. You got my vote!

Caroline - All That I'm Eating said...

oooh these look so good!

Cherelynn said...

Hi dee ho Gorgeous! I tweeted this-it has coconut-wow!
TGIF! Thank God it’s Friday! Do you remember that movie? I do. I just dated myself.
TEEN WEEK was a wonderful success-if you came by the blog, and had a looksie, thanks for helping out.
In the meantime, enjoy your Shabbat this evening and see you around the Grammy awards posts!
Ciao ciao for now!
Cherelynn
Makeup University